Today, I am going to share with you how I get the seasonings to stick to my homemade microwave popcorn. I mix it with the oil! For a many years, I would sprinkle salt, parmesan cheese, garlic, etc. on my popcorn only to find all the seasonings on the bottom of the bowl! Now, by mixing it with an organic oil that can withstand the heat, I get tasty, delicious and healthy popcorn without all the waste!
This is one of my favorite seasonings for popcorn. It consists of only parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. The cute reusable popcorn containers were purchased at Target for $1.00 each. Everything is just perfect for a relaxing movie night at home!
Ingredients for Italian Seasonings:
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon organic dried oregano ( crushed in mortar and pestle)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Mix the dry ingredients together. Make 5 tablespoons. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- ¼ cup organic popcorn
- 1½ teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- Brown paper lunch bag
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut oil and the Italian seasonings. Add the popcorn. Mix the popcorn kernels, until they are thoroughly coated with the oil and the Italian seasonings.
- Put popcorn mixture in a paper bag and fold the top of the bag twice.
- Place a folded paper towel on top of the microwave turntable plate to absorb some of the oil from the paper bag. Cook for 1 minute, 10 seconds on “High” power. Watch carefully, you may have to adjust popping time since each microwave is different.
- Be careful when taking the bag out of microwave oven, the bottom of will be very hot. Makes 5 cups.
Edamame is a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer all by itself. But when you add some sesame chili oil, sesame oil, lemon juice and some salt, you get something really yummy! It is just take a few minute to make this wonderful snack with things you may already have in the refrigerator. You can adjust the “heat” and “saltiness” to your own personal taste. It can’t get any easier than this!
- 1 pound package frozen edamame, cooked according to package directions
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons sesame chili oil
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- Sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix lemon juice, sesame chili oil and sesame oil together. Add salt to taste.
- Place edamame in a large bowl. Toss the soybeans with the dressing. Add more salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Almonds make such a healthy snack. The spices give the nuts a wonderful kick! This is so unbelievably easy to make and so delicious to eat!
- 2 cups whole raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and cinnamon together.
- In a large bowl mix the almonds and olive oil thoroughly. Add the dry seasonings and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Place the almonds on a jelly roll pan and roast for approximately 13 minutes.
You can make your own healthy organic popcorn at home using a brown paper bag. White or yellow popcorn can be bought at Whole Foods in the bulk bin section at a very reasonable price.
- 1/4 cup organic popcorn
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Brown paper lunch bag
- Sea salt
- Garlic powder
Put the popcorn into the paper bag. Add the canola oil. Fold the top of the bag and shake the bag thoroughly. Place a folded paper towel on the bottom of the microwave turntable to absorb the oil from the paper bag. Set the microwave for 1 minute and 10 seconds. You may have to adjust the time, since every microwave is different. Add salt or any other seasoning you may like and enjoy!