I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for quick, easy, and healthy breakfast recipes that can be prepared ahead of time for the busy work week. Well, I just found a delicious one from Health.com! It uses a sautéed mixture of onion, mushrooms, and red bell peppers with chopped parsley and basil; but I substituted it with frozen organic spinach for added nutritional value. It’s one of those recipes that you can change some of the ingredients to suit your tastes. What was really important to me, I found that they can be stored in snack bags (even frozen) and reheated in the microwave! I am so glad to add some tasty variety to my morning breakfast meals!
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ chopped medium onion
- ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped frozen organic spinach, thawed
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoon organic nonfat or whole milk
- Preheat oven at 350° F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large nonstick frying pan. Add onion, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook until tender. Add the spinach and stir. Finally, salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with oil. Add the vegetable mixture.
- Using a 2 cup glass measuring cup with spout, whisk the eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper. Pour into muffin cups. Bake for approximately 17 minutes.
- Using a small spatula, gently remove frittatas from muffin tin. Serve immediately.