I am always looking for deliciously simple fresh salads to prepare. So when I came across this recipe by Maria Helm Sinskey on the Williams Sonoma website, I was excited, because I had some left over goat cheese in the refrigerator. I rarely eat goat cheese, but I had brought it for my daughter, when she came from college.
The Trader Joe’s Organic Herb Salad Mix is a wonderful blend of organic baby red and green romaine, oakleaf, and chard. It also contains organic Mizuna, arugula, frisée, radicchio, parsley, cilantro, dill, and baby spinach. This salad is incredibly easy to make, because there is no chopping or measuring and tastes great with the addition of goat cheese. It’s the perfect healthy side dish to prepare during the busy work week!
Herbed Garden Mix with Goat Cheese
- 1 (5 ounce) package Trader Joe’s Organic Herb Salad Mix
- Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Organic sugar
- White wine vinegar
- Fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Place salad mix in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil. Gently toss, then drizzle wine vinegar and mix again.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and toss. Serve immediately.