With warmer weather just around the corner, I enjoy eating all kinds of salads. So when I saw the colorful picture of this coleslaw, I just have to “pin” it! This delicious and healthy recipe is from Cooking Classy. It contains lots of wonderful Greek yogurt with relatively little mayonnaise. The slaw is a terrific mixture crunchy and chewy textures and sweet and tart flavors! It is definitely going to be a regular dish for our family to eat!
Apple Cranberry and Almond Coleslaw
- ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt (use a thick brand, like Fage)
- ¼ cup organic mayonnaise
- ¼ cup organic honey
- 2 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups packed, shredded cabbage (approx. 10 ounce package)
- 1½ cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large organic Gala apples, cut into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- ¾ cup organic dried cranberries
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and vinegar, until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss together the cabbage, carrots, apples, green onions, almonds and cranberries in a large bowl. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately, but tastes great the next day!