I hate to admit this, but I have never used my slow cooker, until last night. My husband has always used the cooker and this is “his” second one! What inspired me to use it was a video I saw on my Facebook feed by Tasty. It looked so easy and delicious with the ingredients all cooked in one pot! Since it is just the two of us, I only prepared half, but next time I will make the whole recipe. It would make wonderful leftovers for the work week. I used skinless chicken thighs, because I wanted to reduce the amount of fat. It was tender and juicy and you don’t need to broil them either! Meal planning can’t get any easier and healthier than this!
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, mince
- 1 teaspoon dried organic basil
- 1 teaspoon dried organic oregano
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 chickens thighs, skinless and boneless
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound organic baby carrots
- 1 pound green beans
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Add 4 chicken thighs to the bottom of slow cooker, pour half of the sauce.
- Then add the carrots and potatoes. Add remaining 4 chicken thighs. Pour the rest of the sauce on top of chicken.
- Set cooker at high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 8 hours. Add green beens the last 30 minutes.
- Optional: If using chicken thighs with skin, you can broil the pieces for 3-4 minutes in the oven.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!