One of my favorite holidays growing up was Valentine’s Day and it still is! I enjoy creating treats that are simple to prepare, taste delicious and look pretty. When making these delightful sweets, I tried to find the ingredients with the least amount of additives. The worst ingredient, of course, is sugar. But each lollipop has less than 100 calories. The idea for this treat came from a “pin” that I had pinned over a year ago from One Little Project. This “lolli” is so cute and yummy that I hope my daughter will make it someday when she has kids!
- 10 6-inch lollipop sticks
- 20 2½-inch mini candy canes
- 1 Ghirardelli (4 ounce) White Chocolate bar
- Red, pink and white sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place lollipop sticks on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Arrange the candy canes at the top of the sticks in the shape of hearts.
- Place the hearts in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven and press and shape the candy canes together to make hearts.
- Fill the centers with a few teaspoons of melted white chocolate and then add the sprinkles.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to harden the chocolate. The hearts should come off easily from the parchment paper. Makes 10 lollipops.