With the holiday season upon us, there are so many delicious dishes being served and eaten, but how healthy is all the wonderful food we are consuming? I thought I would share an easy to make, tasty and healthy white bean crostini appetizer I found on Pinterest. It originated from the House Beautiful website, but it only had a description, so I had to doing some experimenting. Fortunately, it wasn’t too hard to figure out with just 6 ingredients and that included the bread! It’s the kind of dish, where you can easily make adjustments to suit your tastes. It’s a classic Italian appetizer with olive oil, garlic, rosemary and white beans! Just perfect for the holiday parties!
- 1 can (15 ounce) organic white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon + extra chopped fresh rosemary
- Sea salt
- 1 baguette, sliced ⅜-inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and toast until lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant. Add the white beans and mash well. Finally, add salt to taste. Mix well.
- Spoon the bean mixture on the toasted baguette slices. Sprinkle with rosemary. Serve immediately.