This is one of my favorite desserts to eat around the holiday season! It is light and lemony, has touches of color from the raspberries and raspberry purée and has a delicious chocolate crust. I love using Neufchâtel cheese, instead of cream cheese, because it has less fat. There is a difference between American Neufchâtel cheese and French Neufchâtel cheese. The American version is made from cream and pasteurized milk, while the original French cheese is made from raw whole milk. The chocolaty crust is made from Oreo cookie wafers crumbs. My husband and I have tasted several chocolate cookie wafers and we both agree that Nabisco’s Oreos make the best crust! This yummy lemon cheesecake is so simple to prepare, since there is no baking and only seven ingredients are used!
- 1¼ cup Oreo cookie wafers crumbs (about 19 cookies with cream filling removed)
- ⅔ cup + 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 6 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-ounce) Neufchâtel cheese packages
- ¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Crush cookie wafers in a food processor or use a rolling-pin to crush the wafers in a plastic sandwich bag. Using a medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar together. Add the butter and combine until crumb mixture holds together. Transfer mixture into a 8-inch springform pan and pat out evenly on the bottom. Place in the freezer while preparing the next step.
- Add cheese, lemon juice, zest and ⅔ cup sugar in a mixer or large bowl. Beat together until ingredients are well combined. Using a medium bowl, whip the cream until you get soft peaks. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Remove crust from freezer and spread filling evenly into pan. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 30 minutes. Transfer to refrigerator for another 30 minutes, until it sets.
- Using a fine strainer, smash half the raspberries so that only the seeds are left in the strainer and you have purée in a small bowl. Transfer purée into a small squeezer bottle. Serve cake with remaining raspberries and purée.