This salad is not only pretty to look at, but tastes great. It’s super simple to make and very healthy to eat! The salad itself just has Brussels sprouts, Tuscan kale, walnuts, pomegranate seeds and Parmesan cheese. The dressing is just olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. This delicious recipe comes from Williams-Sonoma blog website. The only modifications I made were using olive oil, instead of pricy walnut oil, and reducing the amount of oil. It gets added crunch from the walnuts, sweetness from the pomegranate seeds, and saltiness from the cheese. The dish would make a fabulous addition on any holiday table!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced thinly
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves sliced julienne
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup toasted organic walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Combine Brussels sprouts and kale in a large bowl.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over Brussels and kale and toss well. Sprinkle with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and Parmesan cheese. 6 to 8 servings.