The other day I was in the mood for some Brussels sprouts, so I purchase a bag of them at Trader Joe’s. I decide that I wanted to keep it simple, which meant no cooking or roasting, but slicing the healthy cabbage-like nuggets. For the dressing, I used equal amounts of lemon juice and mayonnaise with some minced garlic, Dijon mustard and Worcestershire sauce for added flavor! For some crunch, I made my own croutons using the wheat sourdough bread I had and then tossing the cubes with some olive oil and baking them in the oven. The Brussels sprouts slaw was a nice light side for dinner, one that my husband gave me thumbs up!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2 slices sourdough bread, sliced into ½-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon organic olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss bread cubes with olive oil. Place cubes on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mayonnaise, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put Brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Toss sprouts with dressing. Top slaw with croutons. Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired. 4 servings.