I wish that I was the one who came up with the idea to make these spooky Halloween chips using cookie cutters and flour tortillas, but it was the “Domestic Diva” Martha Stewart! Rather than using cooking spray, I brushed the scary figures with canola oil. My flour tortillas were an organic wheat and corn and an organic whole wheat and corn that I had purchased at Trader Joe’s. What goes perfectly with these delicious and healthier chips other than homemade guacamole! This is the ideal spooky appetizer for any upcoming Halloween party!
- Large flour tortillas, such as organic wheat and corn, organic whole wheat and corn
- Organic canola oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using the cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the tortillas. Place on nonstick cookie sheets.
- Put some canola oil in a small bowl and brush both sides of tortilla chips with oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- 3 medium Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 large Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon+ chopped cilantro
- Place the avocados in a large bowl. Add lime juice. Mash the avocados using a potato masher. Add cayenne and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomato, and cilantro. Serve immediately.