One of my favorite food items to buy at Trader Joe’s is their frozen Organic Super Sweet Corn. It is reasonably priced and I would prefer to have organic and non-GMO foods whenever possible. I always try to keep a bag or two in my freezer all the time. So when I saw this corn side dish recipe in America ‘s Test Kitchen, Cooking Fresh, 2015, I thought I would try it, since I already had two fresh organic zucchini in my refrigerator. The sautéed zucchini and corn are seasoned with fresh lemon juice, parsley, chives and basil. All the preparation can be done in advance, so it can easily be made during the busy work week. It makes a tasty, simple and healthy side for chicken, beef or fish!
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small organic zucchini, diced
- 3 cups organic frozen corns, defrosted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, mince
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a 12-inch nonstick frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and cook for about 3 minutes, until softened. Add the corn and cook for about 2 minute, until heated through.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add basil, parsley, chives and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Serve. 6 servings.