Incorporating more healthy vegetables into our diets can be rather difficult, especially during a busy work week. I have found one simple way to do this! By taking advantage of the lovely summer produce available right now, you can grill them either indoors or outdoors. Luckily, I bought a great nonstick grilling pan several years ago, so grilling indoors is an easy option for me. A lot of the preparation can be done in advance, by slicing the vegetables ¼-inch thick and storing them in a food storage bag in the refrigerator. You can even prepare the seasoned olive oil, applied right before grilling, ahead of time too. This is such a simple and tasty way to eat more vegetables!
- ½ small eggplant
- 1 medium zucchini (8 inches)
- 1 medium yellow squash (8 inches)
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- ¼ cup Organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic oregano
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil and oregano. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly brush the seasoned oil on the vegetables. If using a nonstick grilling pan, cook each side over medium heat for a few minutes, until dark grill marks appear. Serve immediately.