For those who have been following me for a while, you know that one of my favorite places to food shop is Costco. A couple of months ago, I brought a 5 pound bag of Central Milling Company’s Organic 6-Grain Pancake and Waffle Mix. It’s been sitting in my pantry ever since.
This morning I decided to finally try this product, because I wanted use up the organic blueberries that I had bought the other day. I must say that this was a fabulous find! It contains 5 organic whole grains—red winter wheat, barley, corn, soft white wheat and rye—plus organic wheat flour. The pancakes had just the right amount of sweetness, tenderness and nuttiness. I loved how the warm blueberries would burst in your mouth! To make it even more delicious, I topped it off with a little organic butter and maple syrup. What a perfect comfort food breakfast! I can’t wait for Laura to come home from her internship, so that I can make them for her! Ingredients:
- 1 cup organic nonfat milk
- 3 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 organic egg
- 1½ cups Central Milling Co. Organic 6-Grain Pancake & Waffle Mix (see Blogger’s Note below)
- ½ cup+ organic blueberries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together thoroughly the milk, oil and egg.
- Using a large bowl, add dry mix and pour in the liquids. Whisk together until large lumps are gone. Be careful not to over mix. Finally, gently stir in blueberries.
- Lightly grease a nonstick frying pan. Heat pan over low-medium heat. To make each pancake, add ¼ cup of batter. Cook until golden brown on each side. Makes 10 5-inch pancakes.
Blogger’s Note: The only retailer selling this product is Costco and it is not always available. For readers interested in purchasing this deliciously healthy pancake and waffle mix and don’t have access to a Costco, please click on the following link: Central Milling Company. They sell a 5 pound bag for $9.55. I am not personally benefiting in any manner by recommending this product.