For Fiesta Friday, I thought a pretty and colorful fruit salad would be a wonderful addition to today’s party! This dish is made with mouth-watering watermelon, juicy green grapes and antioxidant-rich blueberries with the unexpected taste of sweet basil. It is dressed with a simple vinaigrette made with red wine vinegar and honey. This healthy and refreshing recipe was found on bhg.com. I hope you will give this delicious salad a try!
- 1 pound seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes or balls ( 4 cups)
- 3 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups organic blueberries
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and honey.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the watermelon, grapes and blueberries. Add the dressing and stir carefully. Top with the basil. Can be refrigerated for up to 8 hours. Makes 8 (1 cup) servings.