As the temperature nears 106 degrees, a cold, crisp and tangy salad is in order. When I saw the pretty and colorful picture of this dish on Pinterest earlier this week, it made me want to look further into the recipe. Since I already had all the ingredients to make this slaw, I thought I would make it as a part of today’s lunch. Within minutes this simple and healthy dish was ready to consume! It tastes great after being chilled and allowing the vegetables to marinate in the dressing for an hour. This delicious recipe was “pinned” from Better Homes and Garden website.
- ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin oil olive
- 1 teaspoon organic sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 2 cups thinly slice radishes
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion, cut on the diagonal
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the cucumber, radishes, bell pepper and green onion and gently toss. Serve immediately and chill up to 2 hours. 6 to 8 servings.