As the temperature rises in the desert, the less I want to cook. So when I am feeling lazy, I make one of my favorite pasta dishes. It is so simple and healthy, you just need a few fresh ingredients—tomatoes, basil, garlic and parmesan cheese. I hate to admit this, but sometimes I buy already grated Parmesan cheese. Today, I bought the wedge. Freshly grated Parmesan is an absolute must! I really recommend this pasta dish, when you want something fresh and flavorful and so easy to make!
- 8 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, diced ½-inch cubes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup basil, thinly sliced
- ½ cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium large saucepan, boil water. Add a pinch of salt, then the pasta. Cook until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium heat in a nonstick frying pan. Add garlic and cook until lightly brown. Add tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add basil. Stir and set aside.
- Drain pasta.
- Place pasta in 4 serving dishes. Add tomato sauce and sprinkle with cheese in each of the bowls. Serve immediately.