Today, I am going to share with you how I get the seasonings to stick to my homemade microwave popcorn. I mix it with the oil! For a many years, I would sprinkle salt, parmesan cheese, garlic, etc. on my popcorn only to find all the seasonings on the bottom of the bowl! Now, by mixing it with an organic oil that can withstand the heat, I get tasty, delicious and healthy popcorn without all the waste!
This is one of my favorite seasonings for popcorn. It consists of only parmesan cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. The cute reusable popcorn containers were purchased at Target for $1.00 each. Everything is just perfect for a relaxing movie night at home!
Ingredients for Italian Seasonings:
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon organic dried oregano ( crushed in mortar and pestle)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
Mix the dry ingredients together. Make 5 tablespoons. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- ¼ cup organic popcorn
- 1½ teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasonings
- Brown paper lunch bag
- In a small bowl, stir together the coconut oil and the Italian seasonings. Add the popcorn. Mix the popcorn kernels, until they are thoroughly coated with the oil and the Italian seasonings.
- Put popcorn mixture in a paper bag and fold the top of the bag twice.
- Place a folded paper towel on top of the microwave turntable plate to absorb some of the oil from the paper bag. Cook for 1 minute, 10 seconds on “High” power. Watch carefully, you may have to adjust popping time since each microwave is different.
- Be careful when taking the bag out of microwave oven, the bottom of will be very hot. Makes 5 cups.