I love dill pickles, but they contain a lot of salt and sugar. So when I saw the recipe, “Quick Pickled Cukes” in House and Homes, September 2014, I immediately decided to prepare it using Stevia, instead of sugar. What I like about making my own pickles is that I have control over the amount of salt and sugar. The pickles have a garlicky flavor with a subtle hint of dill. I love the crunch, the bite of the vinegar, and the ease of making it! Best of all, my picky husband liked them!
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or 2 Stevia packets
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- Sea salt
- Whisk together garlic, sugar and vinegar together in medium mixing bowl, until sugar has dissolved.
- Add cucumbers and dill. Season with salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Stirring occasionally.
- Place cucumbers in an airtight container. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. Drain liquid before using. Makes 2 cups.