At my bi-weekly trip to Trader Joe’s, I found my favorite type of green beans, haricot verts, available. I thought I would stir fry them with the asparagus that I already had at home. So when I got home, I decided to season the vegetables with some sesame chili oil for a little heat and orange vest and juice for a little sweetness. This simple and healthy side dish would go great with chicken or shrimp!
- 6 ounces green beans (I used haricots verts), trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 6 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon organic canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- Using a medium pot, steam the green beans and asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are al dente.
- In a medium-large non-stick frying pan, heat canola and sesame chili oils. Add the vegetables and sauté until they are heated through. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish, drizzle with orange juice and sprinkle with orange zest. Serve immediately. 4 servings.