This is a quick and simple salad to prepare during the busy work week. There is a total of only eight ingredients, including the salt and pepper! You can even slice the radishes and asparagus and make the salad dressing in advance. It can’t get any easier and delicious than this. This recipe was so simple and healthy that I couldn’t even make any changes to it! It came from Martha Stewart, Everyday Food, published April 2010.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 heads Bibb lettuce (depending on the size), torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 asparagus stalk, thinly sliced on the diagonal
Using a medium-large bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then mix in lettuce, radishes and asparagus. Toss together and serve immediately. Serves 4.