This salad is so deliciously healthy and tastes wonderful! You have the peppery taste of the arugula, the sweetness of the strawberries, the slightly acidic and rich flavor of the balsamic vinegar and the crunchiness of the toasty pecans. With summer just around corner, in my case is it already here in the desert, this salad makes a great accompaniment to chicken and fish for a light summer supper!
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 4 cups organic baby spinach
- 4 cups arugula
- ¼ cup toasted pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- To toast the pecans, preheat the oven to 350 degrees, place nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast for about 3 minutes, until lightly golden.
- In a large bowl, gently toss strawberries with a tablespoon of the balsamic vinegar. Set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Using a small bowl, whisk together, the remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper, season to taste.
- Add to the strawberries, the spinach, arugula, vinaigrette and toasted pecan pieces. Toss together and serve. 4 servings.