Asparagus is now in season and is one of my favorite vegetables to eat! This side dish is not only easy to make during the busy work week, but it is delicious as well. I used grapeseed oil, because it tastes similar to olive oil and can withstand the higher roasting temperatures. It is seasoned only with some sea salt and toasted sesame seeds, so simple, healthy and yummy to eat! I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart, Everyday Food, March 2004.
- 1½ pounds (thin) asparagus, cut into 2″ lengths and ends trimmed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (just enough to coat the asparagus)
- Sea salt
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, toss asparagus with the oil and season with salt.
- Place vegetable in a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Stir the asparagus and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and roast for another 5 minutes, until it is lightly brown. Serve immediately. 4 servings.