We have been away in lovely San Diego for a few days to visit with family. Now, it is time to get back to healthy eating! This deliciously nutritious salad, not only has spinach and pear, but walnuts and feta cheese. I adapted this salad from Williams Sonoma and substituted feta cheese for blue cheese and used Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne vinegar, instead of cider vinegar. I totally eliminated the honey, because the added sweetness wasn’t necessary, in my opinion. The pieces of feta add saltiness and the walnuts give you crunchiness, as well as some Omega 3s!
Ingredients for salad:
- 8 ounces organic baby spinach
- 2 ripe organic Anjou pears, cored and sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ⅓ cup organic walnut pieces
- ¼ cup feta cheese
Ingredients for dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil and mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Whisk thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, add spinach, pears, pomegranate seeds and walnuts. Add salad dressing and gently toss.
- Using 4 plates or bowl, evenly divide the salad. Sprinkle with each salad dish with 1 tablespoon feta cheese. Serve immediately.