I was in the mood to eat radishes, so I went online for recipes that used that vegetable. My search lead me to this recipe on the Real Simple website, “Asian Ham Salad.” I liked all the ingredients in this dish, but I substituted cashews for peanuts and to make it easier I used packaged frozen rice. Well, this dish is so simple to make, so delicious to eat and so healthy for you! It’s got saltiness from the ham, crunchiness from the cashews, nuttiness from the brown rice and spiciness from the red pepper flakes!
- 1 (10 ounce) package Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice
- 1 (12 ounce) package Trader Joe’s Edamame Frozen Shelled Soybeans
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons organic canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ pound uncured Black Forest ham or deli ham, chopped (1 cup)
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped salted cashews
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Cook the edamame according to package directions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, canola oil, sesame oil and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix edamame, rice, green onion, radish and dressing. Top with cashews. 2 main courses or 4 side dishes.