The other day I had some delicious chicken quesadillas at the California Pizza Kitchen. I thought they would make a wonderful appetizer for our Super Bowl Party. Besides chicken, their quesadillas contain cheese and black beans. The perfect cheese to use is the organic Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese I get at Trader Joe’s, because it is just a bit spicy. I was able to use almost all organic ingredients, except for the chicken. Flour tortillas can be replaced with gluten-free tortillas. So here is my recipe for some yummy and simple to make appetizers! (This can easily be adjusted to make more or less quesadillas).
- 6 Trader Joe’s Organic Wheat & Corn Flour Tortillas
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Organic Monterey Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 Grilled Chicken Breast Tenderloins with Cilantro and Lime Juice, chopped into small cubes (posted in an earlier blog)
- Spread some cheese lightly over half a tortilla. Then add some black beans and chicken. Finally, add another light layer of cheese. Fold tortilla in half. Repeat 5 more times.
- Using a large nonstick frying pan, place the quesadilla in the pan. When one side in golden brown, flip over and brown the other side.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately. Makes 6 quesadillas.