Before I started food blogging, I really only had kale in my green smoothies. Now, I frequently eat it in salads. It is naturally high in Vitamins A and C and a great source of beta-carotene and lutein. So when I doing my bi-weekly shopping at Trader Joe’s, I bought a package of it. It was already cut, cleaned and ready to cook! I decided to sauté it like I do with spinach and it was delicious!
- ½ package Trader Joe’s Kale or 5 ounces of salad size pieces of kale with stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a large nonstick frying pan, heat olive and sesame oils over low-medium heat. Sesame oil can become bitter at higher temperatures.
- Add ½ package, 5 ounces, of kale. Sauté, stirring frequently for about 8 to 10 minutes, until kale becomes tender. Kale has hardy leaves and takes longer to cook. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold. 4 side servings.