I love citrus fruits! One of my favorites is the grapefruit, which is season right now! I didn’t realize how deliciously juicy this fruit could be by broiling it. This preparation makes it suitable as a light and healthy dessert, as well as a wonderful breakfast fruit. I got my inspiration from Bon Appétit, January 2012.
- 2 grapefruits, halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- Trim ¼” to ½” of peel off the bottom of each half to keep it stable.
- Place each half flesh side down on a paper towel for 5 minutes.
- Put fruit on a foiled lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar, making sure to cover evenly. (The recipe used 1 tablespoon per half, but I reduced it by half).
- Boil the grapefruits for about 8 minutes until slightly brown, being careful not to let them burn.
- Cool and serve. Serves 4.