Congratulations to Angie, The Novice Gardener, and the other bloggers who have made Fiesta Fridays such a success! I appreciate all your hard work to make it what it is today. Happy First Anniversary to all! Wishing Fiesta Fridays a fabulous second year!!!
My submission today, is a simple and healthy vegetable dish, zucchini with lemon zest, garlic and Parmesan cheese. It’s flavorful and going to make a great appetizer for our upcoming Super Bowl party. I came across this recipe on Pinterest, Cooking Classy, and have been waiting to try it. This recipe can easily be reduced or increased depending upon how many people you are serving. Well, you can never go wrong with lemon zest, garlic and Parmesan cheese!
- 1½ pounds zucchini (4 to 5 small/medium zucchini)
- 2 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ to ¾ cups finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon zest, garlic and olive oil.
- Cut zucchini crosswise and in half. Place vegetables on a parchment lined baking sheet and space evenly. Brush the olive oil mixture on the zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese. (I used shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, because that’s what I had in the refrigerator). Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, then move baking sheet closer to the top of oven. Increase temperature to 450 degrees. Remove from oven when cheese has melted and is golden brown. Serve immediately.