My daughter and I both love brown rice and it is so much healthier for you than white rice. Unfortunately, my husband prefers only white rice. I wanted a delicious and healthy grain side dish that would go with chicken, beef or fish, so I decided to add some flavor to it and maybe he would find it more appealing. This was done by adding cilantro, garlic, lime juice and olive oil to the brown rice. Success! He loved it!
- 1 cup organic brown basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, rinse rice 2 to 3 times. Add water, oil, garlic, salt and lime juice. Stir well. Uncovered, bring rice to a boil over medium heat. Stir thoroughly. Cover rice and simmer for about 35 minutes until water is gone.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and fluff rice. Add cilantro and freshly ground pepper. Mix well and serve. Makes 4 servings.