Awhile back, I bought several cans of healthy wild Alaskan salmon at Costco. Yesterday, I finally decided to use it and made a salmon salad. Instead of using regular bread, I chose brioche toasts, which has fewer calories than bread. I reduced the amount of calories by substituting half the mayonnaise with plain nonfat Greek yogurt. Crunchy sliced cucumber took the place of lettuce. This is a delicious and light meal to whip up during the busy work week. For those who follow my blog, you know that my husband is a finicky eater and he gave me a thumbs up!
- 1 (6 ounce) can wild Alaskan salmon
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons organic plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 5 slices of Trader Joe’s Organic Sweet Bread and Butter Pickles, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 Trader Jacques’ Brioche Toasts
- 24 sliced cucumbers (enough to cover the brioche toast)
- Parsley for garnish
- In a medium bowl, break-up salmon with a fork. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, pickles and onion and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 4 cucumber slices on top of the brioche, add enough salmon salad to cover the toast. Garnish with parsley. Repeat 5 more times. Makes 6 open face sandwiches.