One of my New Year’s Resolutions is to eat a simple, tasty and healthy breakfast on the days I go to work at 6:30 in the morning! It has to be pre-made and be capable of reheating. I thought about a frittata. After doing some research, I came up with this combination of ingredients. I had never made a frittata before, so I was somewhat surprised how easy it is to make. It is also quite versatile, you can choose different vegetables, cheeses and meats, whatever you like! Just make sure you have enough egg to cover the ingredients. It looks like we will be having delicious and healthy frittatas on a regular basis on Sunday mornings, so I will have leftovers for the work week!
- 6 organic large eggs
- ¼ cup organic nonfat milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 cups organic frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup organic red bell pepper, chopped into ½ cubes
- ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over low to medium heat. Add garlic, artichoke, spinach, green onion and red bell pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes. Add Parmesan cheese and stir. Add eggs. Cook for a few minutes, until you see eggs start to set on the edges.
- Place skillet in oven for about 10 minutes, until lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean in the center. Serve immediately. Serves 6.