With all the yummy and rich food we’ve been eating since Thanksgiving, I thought it would be nice to have a light and refreshing fruit salad for a change. Citrus fruits are in season, so I searched the internet and found my inspiration from this Food and Wine recipe by Sarah Jordan, published November 2013. It has a wonderful mixture of sliced grapefruit, orange and tangerine with nutty crunch of pistachio nuts! It’s delicious with or without the dressing. Instead of using Champagne vinegar, I used Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar.
- ¼ cup Trader Joe’s Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Ruby Red grapefruits
- 3 organic oranges
- 6 organic tangerines
- ½ cup toasted and unsalted pistachios, chopped
- Mint for garnish
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- With a very sharp knife, peel all the citrus fruits. Make sure you remove all the white pith. Thinly slice the fruit crosswise. Layer the citrus in glass bowls and drizzle with dressing. Garnish with pistachio nuts and mint. Serves 6.