I recently made an eggplant side dish from Danielle Walker’s newest cookbook, Meals Made Simple, Victory Belt Publishing, 2014. It was so delicious and so simple to prepare! Just love the eggplant, basil and pine nuts! Here is my adaptation:
- 1 eggplant (1½ pounds), cubed in ¾-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons organic grapeseed oil or any high smoke point oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Toasted pine nuts
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a large bowl, mix together eggplant, oil, vinegar and salt. Add freshly ground pepper.
- Spread evenly on a nonstick jelly roll pan, roast for 18 minutes. Add pine nuts and continue to roast until eggplant is slightly brown and tender for another 2 minutes.
- Add basil and serve. Serves 6.