This is a simple and delicious green bean recipe with a “garlicky-lemony” flavor! It is a great vegetable side dish for meat, chicken or fish. People who are vegetarians or on gluten-free diets can enjoy this green bean dish as well!
- 1 pound organic green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons organic butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Sea salt
- Steam green beans until bright green and slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat olive oil and butter over low-medium heat. Add garlic and stir frequently for about a minute, being careful not to let it brown,
- Add green beans and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add salt. Take off heat.
- Place beans in a serving dish and sprinkle lemon zest. Serves 4.