Last night, we were in the mood for pizza, so I decided to make it vegetarian with mozzarella cheese, sugar plum tomatoes, mushrooms, red bell pepper and red onions. I like to use pita bread, because the “crust” is thin and crispy. Sliced basil gives it freshness and red pepper flakes gives it punch!
- Pita Bread
- Organic lite shredded mozzarella cheese
- Organic sugar plum tomatoes, cut in half
- Organic red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Organic red onion, thinly sliced
- Organic mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Basil, thinly sliced
- Organic sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Brush pita bread border with sunflower oil.
- Sprinkle pita with mozzarella cheese. Spread tomatoes evenly with flesh side up. Add sliced bell peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Place in oven on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until pizza in golden brown. (For an extra crispy “crust,” turn oven off and let pizza sit for about 2 minutes).
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, if desired, and basil.