With the busy holiday season upon us, I was able to quickly make a family favorite, grilled cheese sandwich, with the delicious and spicy organic pepper jack cheese I already had in my refrigerator. I added fresh spinach and red bell pepper to enhance the flavors and to make it healthier. Completing the meal, I served it with butternut squash soup and sliced pear. It was a hit with my daughter and husband!
- Trader Joe’s Organic Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sourdough bread or bread of your choice
- Organic spinach
- Organic red bell pepper, sliced into ¼-inch sticks (enough to cover the cheese)
- Organic butter
- Cook sliced bell pepper on a nonstick frying pan, stirring frequently, set aside.
- Butter lightly one side of 2 pieces of bread.
- Place a layer of thinly sliced cheese on unbuttered side of one piece of bread.
- Place spinach on top of cheese, followed by a layer of cooked bell pepper.
- Add another layer of thinly sliced cheese.
- Finally, top with second piece of bread with the buttered side on the outside.
- Using same the nonstick frying pan, carefully put sandwich in pan and gently press down with spatula a few times during the grilling process. Grill until nicely brown. Slice in half and serve immediately.