This is a very easy and delicious way to make fish during the busy work week. You can use healthy salmon with its Omega 3s, if you prefer!
- 4 (6 ounces) pieces of tilapia (or fish of your choice)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 cup organic black beans
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa
- 2 scallion greens, sliced on the diagonal
- 4 12″ x 15″ pieces of parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place each piece of fish in the center of the parchment paper. Add salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of sunflower oil on fish. Sprinkle with ¼ of the black beans, salsa and scallion greens. Fold the side and ends of parchment paper 2 to 3 times, making a packet. Repeat until you have 4 packets.
- Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake in oven about 10 minutes, until fish is opaque. Baking time will vary depending upon the thickness of the fish you use.
- Place each individual fish on a plate and cut the paper carefully in the center, making a “cross.” Serves 4.
Blogger’s note: You may want to add salsa and scallions after fish is baked (makes for a prettier presentation), but I prefer it baking with the salsa juices. I also prefer using a hot salsa.