With the Arctic Blast hitting a large area of the United States and seeing a pretty container of peppermint cocoa mix at Trader Joe’s, I thought it would be the perfect time for me to experiment making my own peppermint hot chocolate! After going to two stores, I was able to find the organic peppermint. Fortunately, it didn’t take very long to come up with the perfect recipe!
- 1 cup organic nonfat milk (80 calories)
- 2 tablespoons + ½ teaspoon Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa (22 calories)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar (30 calories)
- 1/4 teaspoon organic vanilla extract (3 calories)
- 1/8 teaspoon Simply Organic Peppermint Flavor (0 calories)
Heat milk in microwave or on cooktop. Add cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla extract and peppermint flavor. Stir well. The peppermint is an oil, so stir well.
Blogger’s note: You can go to the Simply Organic website and download their coupons!