This is a delicious and “creamy” soup without the cream and the calories! It is gluten-free and organic and can be made vegetarian by replacing the chicken broth with vegetable broth!
- 1½ tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1¾ pounds organic broccoli, stems peeled and diced, tops cut into small florets
- 1½ pounds organic russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ cubes
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, season to taste
- Garnish with parsley (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, broth water, salt and pepper. Bring liquid to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Finally, add broccoli florets and cook for about 7 minutes, until tender.
- In a blender, puree soup. Return to pot and warm until ready to serve. Garnish with parsley. Serves 6.