I love spaghetti squash, but I don’t like the task of cutting uncooked squash in half. By boiling it in a stock pot, it is so much easier to cut in half and you can eliminate the oil needed for roasting. This recipe is so simple and tasty!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon organic butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Place squash in a stock pot and cover with water. Bring water to boil over high heat. Then simmer on low heat for about 30-35 minutes. Cook until you can pierce squash easily with fork. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of the squash.
- When squash is done, drain and set aside, until is cool enough to handle. When cool, cut it in half and discard the seeds. Using a fork gently scrape, carefully separating the strands. In microwave, melt butter. Combine butter and olive oil together. You can use all olive oil if you prefer, I just like the slight taste of butter. Drizzle over squash and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cheese. Serves 6.