Cranberries add a sweetness to this gluten-free quinoa dish, which is good for vegans and vegetarians! I modified slightly this simple and healthy recipe from Whole Foods!
- 1 tablespoon organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked organic quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir often until soft for 2 to 3 minutes. Stirring constantly, add the quinoa and “toast” for 1 minute. Pour in broth and add salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes with pot covered.
- Finally, add cranberries, cover and cook for another 10 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Toss in almonds and serve. Serves 6.