When I had leftover roasted butternut squash, I decided not to reheat it, but to make it into a delicious puree! It can’t get any easier that. Here is the recipe for the roasted squash, if you don’t have leftovers:
Roasted Organic Butternut Squash
- 2 pounds organic butternut squash, peeled and seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoons organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix well in a large bowl, the squash, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer squash to a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Arrange squash in one layer and roast for about 20 minutes and flip over once and continue to roast for another 20 minutes or until squash is tender. Serves 4.
Organic Butternut Squash Puree
- Roasted organic butternut squash
- Organic nonfat milk or liquid of your choice
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Put the cooked squash in a blender or food processor. Add a little liquid—milk, stock or water. Place in a serving bowl and reheat in microwave, if needed. Garnish with parsley and serve.