This dessert is so delicious and easy to make! I did the math and it isn’t more than 250 calories!
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed and cut into 6 pieces (160 calories per serving)
- 3 medium organic golden delicious apples; peeled, cored and thinly sliced (72 calories per apple)
- 1 tablespoon organic butter, melted (100 calories)
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar (96 calories)
- 3/8 (1/4 + 1/8) teaspoon cinnamon (3 calories)
- 3 tablespoon Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Sugar Apricot Preserves, melted (90 calories)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Use parchment paper to line cookie sheet.
- Unfold puff pastry on cookie sheet. Cut pastry into six even-sized pieces. Use fork to poke “holes” all over pastry, just like you would do with pie crust.
- Overlap the apple slices on each individual pastry, leaving a slight border. Brush each piece with the melted butter. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on each pastry. Bake for 25 minutes. Finally, brush the each piece with the melted preserves and bake for 5 more minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Makes 6 desserts.