I am planning ahead and want to bake some pumpkin muffins for my daughter when she comes home from college for Thanksgiving. The recipe I am going to use requires pumpkin pie spice, so I decided to make my own! This is from good old Betty Crocker!
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
Make sure your spices aren’t too old. They lose their “intensity” over time. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl and place in a container with a tight lid. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Blogger’s note: I am planning on switching over to organic spices when their bottles are empty. Target had organic cinnamon and ginger at a very reasonable price.