This delicious recipe is full of wonderful vegetables and is from Emeril Lagasse’s show, “The Essence of Emeril,” on the Food Network.
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup small diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh organic thyme leaves
- 1 cup diced organic green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced organic red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Heat olive oil in a nonstick 12-inch frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic cook for about 5 to 7 minutes, until they are lightly caramelized. Then add the eggplant and thyme and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until eggplant is partially cooked. Stir in the green and red peppers, zucchini and squash and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, basil and parsley and cook for 5 more minutes. Finally, add salt and pepper to taste and stir well. Serves 4 to 6.
Blogger’s note: The recipe recommended 1/4 cup olive oil and I only used about 1 tablespoon.