Since my daughter is away at college, I thought I would send her a care package with some of her favorite cookies. This is the first time I am using almost all organic ingredients. This classic cookie has been around for a long time!
- 1 cup organic butter
- 1 1/2 cups organic sugar
- 2 organic large eggs
- 2 3/4 cups sifted organic flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cream together the butter and the sugar, then add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Blend in flour, cream of tartar and baking soda. Chill dough for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in small shallow bowl. Shape dough into rounded teaspoonful balls. Roll balls into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place the balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. I like using parchment paper when I bake, because the cookies don’t stick to the sheet or get too brown. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.