This quinoa salad has a wonderful Mexican flavor with the black beans, lime juice, cumin, cilantro, onion and red bell pepper! It can be used as a side dish or can even be a light meal all by itself, because it good source of protein. As a bonus, it’s quick and easy to make!
- 3/4 cup organic quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Sea salt
- 1 t cumin
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- 5 T canola oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 can Trader Joe’s Organic Black Beans (rinsed)
- 1 small finely chopped organic red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 T finely chopped red onion
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly. Combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer at low heat until water is absorbed. Uncover and let the quinoa cool.
- Whisk cumin, lime juice and oil together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, add dressing to black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and onion. Add the quinoa. Taste and add more salt and pepper, if necessary. Serves 4.